2017 Isha Bøhling performance 'In the Pines' at the David Risley Gallery, Copenhagen. Denmark
2016 Isha Bøhling was artist in residence at Edition Zero (2016) of Ses Dotze Naus, Ibiza, Spain. She made a new sound work In The Orange Tree whilst in residence.
- Whitechapel Gallery, London Open 2015
- Distessed Geometry, Kunstraum Baden. Switzerland. 2015
- Between Thought and Space, Dilston Grove. 2015
- East London Panting Prize, 2014
Isha Bøhling is a British-Danish artist working in painting object and sound, using her voice, songwriting and music realised though sculpture and performance. Her practice is an excavation process, composing with paint, drawing with her voice, sculpting instruments and performs through object. .
She has shown her own work extensively and internationally as well as curating a number of shows in the UK and abroad. She lives and works in London.
Isha Bøhling was selected for London Open 2015, at the Whitechapel Gallery and represented the UK at the Gongju Biennial, South Korea in 2006. Recent exhibitions include Distressed Geometry, Kunstraum Baden, Switzerland and Between Thought and Space, Dilston Grove London both in 2015. She was shortlisted for the East London Painting Prize in 2014. She was a finalist in the John Moores 23 Painting Prize in 2003. Her work was selected by Matthew Collings for the Crash Open 2011 at the Charlie Dutton Gallery. She was a finalist in the Artsway Prize 2005 and the Red Mansions Prize, 2002. She was also short-listed for the Observer Student Prize 2002. She was Artist-in-Residence at the Getty Foundation, Siena Arts Institute, Italy in 2012 Bøhling has exhibited in ‘Transit’ at The Recoleta museum, Buenos Aires, Argentina and ‘Mars Now’ Rua Sympatica, Sau Paulo, Brazil, 2006.
2002 MA Fine Art. Central Saint Martins. UAL. London.
1997 BA Hons Degree. Plymouth University.
2017 In the Pines, live performance. David Risley Gallery. Copenhagen. Denmark
- Edition Zero, Ses Dotze Naus, Ibiza, Spain
- The London Open 2015, Whitechapel Gallery. Jurors: Angela De La Cruz, Jake Miller., Nicolette Fiorucci. Daniel F Hermann, Ben Luke. Poppy Bowers.
- Between Thought and Space, Dilston Grove. London
- Distressed Geometry, Kunstraum Baden. Switzerland
- Prime performance, Dilston Grove, London
- Between Thought and Space, Camberwell College of Art. University of the Arts, London
- East London Painting Prize, The Legacy List / Bow Arts Trust, London. Jurors:Maitreyi Masheshwari, Sarah Elson, Michael Goldhill, Matt Price, Varda Caivano
- Six Degrees of Separation, Wimbledon Space, University Arts London
- Isha Bohling & Ian Monroe, Siena Art institute Paul Getty III. Foundation.Siena.Italy
- Double Vision, Lion & Lamb London
- Everything but … Dom Omladine Belgrada, Belgrade. Serbia.
- Parallel Universe, Charlie Dutton Gallery. London
- Crash Open, 2011, Charlie Dutton. Gallery. London
- Closer to Something, Four Corners. London
- Twin Twin, Pierogi Gallery. Brooklyn. NY
- Zig Zag; Deliberations in construction sequence and colour, Curated by Katrina Blanin. Charlie Dutton gallery. London
- Souvenirs, Curated by Fieldgate. Angus-Hughes, London
- Valentine, Performance, Posted, London.
- Small is Beautiful, Flowers. London
- Please Write, Curated by Julia Royse. Posted. London. Group show including: Rachel Whiteread, Tim Noble & Sue Webster, Tracey Emin, Tom Hunter,
- Mortars at Dawn, Carter presents. London
- Soundproof, Curated by Monica Biagoli. London
- Mini, Solo pitch. Art Car Boot Fair’ London
- Artbelow Zero, Whitechapel gallery. London
- Latitude, NYCAMS. New York
- Small is Beautiful, Flowers London
- Enchanted, Nash Gallery. Regis Center for Art. Minneapolis Art Institute. MN USA
- Latitude, Fieldgate Gallery. London.
- Gongju International Arts festival, Limlip Museum. Gongju. South Korea
- Marte e Aqui -Mars Now, Rua Sympatica, Sao Paulo. Brazil
- ‘8X8X8’ The Soap Factory. Minneapolis. USA
- Small is Beautiful, Flowers .London
- Flat Files, Pierogi Gallery, Brooklyn. New York.& Miami DesignDistrict.Miami
- ArtSway Open 05, Artsway Gallery. New Forest. Hampshire.
- Chaim Soutine, Happy Sailor. London
- Starf**ckers Overtones. Los Angeles
- Careful what you wish for, Soup Projects, Seven Seven. London
- Transit. Centro Cultural Recoleta. Buenos Aires. Argentina
- Motorcity, Spital Square. London
- Sneeze, Arch Gallery. London
- Flat Files, Pierogi Gallery. Brooklyn. NY
- Reduced, Century. London
- Godzilla, Trailer, Hertford Rd. London
- Sense & Sensibility: Artists take on art history, Transition. London
- Rsvp, 5 Cork St. London. Curated by C Patha and Tom Morton
Blondes Buy More Peroxide, Trailer. 1000,000MPH Gallery, London
- The Red Mansion Spero Prize, The Millbank Gallery. London
- The Bentley Gallery, Scottsdale. Arizona. USA
- Chelsea Meat Market Art Fair, Pierogi Gallery. NY. New York
- Hunter Museum, Chattanooga. Tennesse. USA (Best of show award)
- Sioux City Art Museum, Iowa. USA
- Bemis centre for contemporary Arts. Omaha NE USA
- Spacex Gallery, Exeter
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Artist in Residence, Ses Dotze Naus, Ibiza, Spain
- Participant, The London Open 2015, Whitechapel Gallery London
- Participant, The East London Painting Prize 2014. The Legacy List, London
- Artist In Residence, Siena Art Institute, Paul Getty III Foundation, Siena, Italy
- Participant, Crash Open 2011, Charlie Dutton Gallery London. Juror: Matthew Collings
- Artist in residence, Four Corners, London
- Shortlisted, Celeste Art Prize, London.
- Artist representing the UK, Gongju Biennial of South Korea
- Shortlist, John Moores Painting Prize
- Shortlist and participant, Red Mansion Prize
- AHRB MA Fine Art Scholarship
- Finalist, National Juried Competition, Three Rivers Arts Festival, Pittsburgh, USA. Juror: Howard N. Fox, Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art, LA County Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art.
- Finalist and 'Best of Show', National Juried Show, Hunter Museum of American Art, Chanttanooga, Tennesee.
- Finalist, National Juried Competition, Long Beach Island Center for the Arts and Sciences, Loveladies, New Jersey. Juror: Darsie Alexander, Assistant Curator, MOMA, New York.
- Finalist, National Juried Competition, Sioux City Art Museum, Iowa. USA
- Artist in Residence, Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts, Omaha, Nebraska. USA
- London Open, 2015, Whitechapel Gallery exhibition catalogue. www.whitechapelgallery.org
- Between Thought and Space, Dilston Grove, London. Manjinder Sidhu, a-n Arts Magazine, June 14th, 2015.
- East London Painting Prize 2014 The Legacy List/Bow Arts, Exhibition Catalogue. May 2014
- Between Thought and Space Exhibition catalogue, Camberwell Space, UAL London. Camberwell Press. October 2014.
- Six Degrees of Separation Exhibition catalogue. Featured artist and co author. Wimbledon Space. UAL. London. Camberwell Press. Jan 2013.
- Double Vision at the Lion and Lamb Gallery, by Adam Walker. July 14th 2012. http://abstractcritical.com/2012/07/double-vision-at-the-lion-and-lamb-gallery
- Double Vision. Katrina Blanin. Turps Banana. June 2012
- Secret Galleries: Discover the galleries you never knew existed, Posted. Time out, front cover, and pg 16. Feb 24
- Lauren Laverne on the slow pleasures of the handwritten letter, Lauren Laverne, pg 150, Grazia Magazine. Feb/14/11. Issue 307
- Independent shop guide. Posted
- Dig down in time, Man and Eve Gallery. http://www.murmurart.com/dialogue/dig-down-in-time-at-man-eve
- Prize Vinyl Edition of 300. Sound Proof ,London.
- Art Car Boot Fair. 08 www.artcarbootfair.com
- Latitude, NYCAMS. New York. re-title.com/exhibitions
- Family Traffic, Cd Compilation. London
- Art Car Boot Fair. 07, www.artcarbootfair.com
- Studio Secrets, Garageland Magazine. Issue 4. April 07.Transition Gallery
- Latitude, Time Out, London. Martin Croomer, No 1902. Jan 31 - Feb 07
- Latitude, Shopping for Life, Timesonline.co.uk, Jan 07
- Latitude, What's On, viewlondon.co.uk 11/01/07
- Latitude, The Charles Saatchi Art Newspaper, London, UK. Jan 07
- Latitude, University of the Arts London, Alumni Association Ebulletin, Feb 07
- To Do in London, Murketing.com 11/01/07
- It's All About the Work, nooxablogspot.com, 14/01/07
- Gongju International Arts Festival 2006. Exhibition Catalogue. Limlip Museum Gongju. South Korea
- The Works of Others Whitechapel Gallery Library. Exhibition Catalogue. Dec/06.
- ArtSway Open 05, Laura Mclean-Ferris, An Magazine, January/06
- Exponential Expressions 8x8x8, LON/MSP/NYC, The Rake Magazine. Judy Arginteau, May 7/06
- The Soap Factory, Christopher Koza,The Pulse , May 25. 2006
- 8x8x8 Soap Factory Film interview, Soap Factory art tv Station, Minneapolis, USA
- Three Cities, One Exhibition, Alex Starace may 10/06 mnartists.org
- 8x8x8 LON/MSP/NYC. The Onion. Vol 42, no 23/06
- Celest Art Prize 2006, Exhibition Catalogue. Sarah Pearce, Goldsmiths University, Truman Brewery London
- Exhibitions: Chaim Soutine, London. The Guardian Guide. CB Nov 27
- Skinned For Art, Happy Sailor Tatoo Parlour, NH. Dazed and Confused. Vol 2 issue 20
- And Another Thing: Chaim Soutine, The Metro. p31. 03/12/04
- Framed Chaim Soutine Amy Liprot. Dazed and Confused. Vol 2 issue 22 p 41
- Chaim Soutine, Carolina Doimel. Neo 2. Dec 2004. p14
- Second Skin Samantha Conti
- Starf**kers, experiencela.com 17/06/04
- Sneeze, Exhibition Catalogue. Texts Isha Bøhling, Steven Zwimmer, Tom Morton.
- Responding to Art History, The Spectator, Mark Glazebrook, May/03
- Sioux City Juried Competition, Omaha World Herald, feb/99
- Curator, Angus-Hughes. Exhibition detail tbc.
- Co-curator, Parallel Universe. Charlie Dutton Gallery. London.
- Curator, Latitude, NYCAMS Gallery. New York. Co-curator Andrea Stanislav.
- Curator, Latitude, Fieldgate Gallery. London. Co-curator. Andrea Stanislav
- Curator, 8X8X8. MSP/LON/NYC, The Soap Factory. Minneapolis. USA.
- Co-curators Andrea Stanislav & Patty Mcmehen.
- Curator, Sneeze. Arch Gallery, London. Co-curator. Heidi Stokes.
- Accompanying Catalogue by Bøhling with texts by Bøhling/zwimmer/ Tom Morton
- Curator, Reduced, Century. London
- Assistant Curator, Ford, MA Saint Martin’s Interim Exhibition.Oxford House, Ashley Gardens.
- Managing Director I&I. London. Co Curator Shaheen Merali
Private collections include University Arts London. Ernst and Young. London. Insinger de Beaufort, London. 212Box. New York. New York. USA
Guest speaker and visiting lecturer at Siena Art Institute, Italy. UAL London, including Saint Martins, Camberwell College of Art and London College of communication. Plymouth college of Art and Design and West Kent College.